BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words...

I know we've all heard that saying many many times throughout our lives. So what if a picture is worth a thousand words? Whoopty Doo! But what does that mean about a personalized greeting card? One that maybe contains a couple of pictures AND words???

I am a huge fan of personalized greeting cards, holiday cards, birthday invitations, etc. You name it, I think there should  be a picture of your family on it! The programs that you can buy to create these kinds of personalized memories can cost in the $1000's and then once it's created you still have to try to figure out how and where to get them printed, purchase the envelopes and still address and mail them! Sheesh! No wonder people just opt for the lame standard fill in the blank cards you can pick up at the grocery store!

NOT ME!!! I've been using Shutterfly to purchase all sorts of items since Justin and I got married almost 4 years ago. From photo books to enlargements, we have used Shutterfly for numerous occasions. Most recently, with the birth of Ryker, we started using the Cards & Stationary options that Shutterfly offers. The first one we sent out was for Valentine's Day. Ryker was only 2 months old but had just had some really cute pictures taken. Because his birthday was so close to Christmas we had kind of missed sending out Christmas letters so we opted to send Valentine's Day cards to all of his aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. They were SOOOOO stinking cute that most people still have them hanging on their refrigerators almost a year later! In addition to how adorable they were, they were really easy to put together. It took so little time on my part that I didn't feel like I neglected my little boy one bit to get them done! They arrived earlier than expected with envelopes and all so I just had to address and stamp! It was a great experience! You can check out all their holiday themed cards by clicking here.

We plan on using Shutterfly again this year only in an attempt to actually send out Christmas cards! Because we only have little Ryker man this year, I want to focus the photo on the card on him! We still need to go and take his picture in the snow, but click here to see the photo card I think we are going to send out! I love knowing that even though we are cutting it close on time, Shutterfly always delivers and I'll still be able to get these out before Christmas!!!!

I have used Shutterfly for numerous other projects. One of my favorites that I want to order also for the Christmas cards are the address labels. They are super cute and since we just moved I think it will be a cute way of sharing our new address with everyone in a legible manner rather than me writing it over and over. Here is a page with all of their address labels!

Seriously, if you haven't used Shutterfly before - YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THEM OUT!!! Now is the perfect time as well since Christmas is coming and I know most of you are like me and haven't even gotten to your Christmas cards yet - they will save you time AND make you look like you were on top of things all along!!!

Let me know if you decide to use them and what your feelings are!!!!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker