BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sick Mama :(

My Grandma Hobdey has had an incredibly irritation cough for the past 6 weeks or so. It is so bad that it is literally wearing her out! As I was driving to work this morning, I decided to call my mom to see if maybe she thought the symptoms were similar to whooping cough, as I know that it has made a comeback in recent years.

When I called my mom, she seemed distant, like something was wrong. I asked her if everything was okay. She proceeded to tell me that she didn't feel good and was going to take herself in to the Emergency Room...My mom NEVER goes to the doctor, let alone the Emergency Room! She told me that she thought she might be having a heart attack.

Of course, I panicked and told her not to leave the school, Justin would be there shortly to pick her up and take her to the ER. I called Justin and he headed right over. I then called my Dad and Grandpa Hobdey so that they could meet her at the hospital to give her a blessing.

Mom was obviously not listening as she went ahead and left the school and drove herself to the ER. She was in no condition to drive...she could barely even walk. So when Justin got to the school she was already gone.

It turns out Mom had pancreatitis, which is normally deadly. They said it was caused by a gall stone that got stuck between her gall bladder and pancreas...I guess. At any rate, the only way to prevent it from happening again is for her to have her gallbladder removed. She has scheduled this surgery for November 24, the day after my due date. Baby needs to come early!!!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker