BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm Allergic to the Baby?!?!?!

Who ever heard of such a thing?

At any rate, I am definitely allergic to our little guy. I have a somewhat rare rash all across my stomach that has spread down my legs and up my arms. It is INCREDIBLY itchy and super uncomfortable - similar to having poison ivy. The worse part is that nothing will relieve the itch except having the baby.

It's called pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy symptom or PUPPPS. It is actually an allergic reaction to male fetal DNA.

Ha ha ha. I guess if I have to have some sort of pregnancy complications, this is one I am willing to have since it does not affect the baby or me, other than irritating the heck out of me.

I do have to take Zyrtec to help with the reaction, but it just minimizes the itching, it doesn't get rid of it. Oh well!!!


0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker