BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Gratitude


For those of you who don't already know, things have been kind of tough for us lately. Mostly financially speaking. With the birth of Ryker, we made the decision that it would be best for me to stay home with him, which meant giving up my wonderful, good paying job. I have still been able to work from home some, but that is taking a bit longer to get up and running than originally expected and of course the job hunt for Justin has been all but exciting. While things are really tight right now, it has made me stop and ponder what it is I am doing. Is it really worth the sacrifice to be able to be home with my baby all day? I have to admit, I am not the best house wife around just yet. I struggle getting the house cleaned and taking care of other household chores on a daily basis. It's something I am working on improving. So does it really matter that I am home with my son all day each and every day when I could, in fact, be out working my full-time job making more than enough money to make ends meet?

YES! It really does matter! And I know that it matters.

Ryker may not know now, and he may not ever know, how much of a sacrifice we really are giving in order for his mommy to be home with him to hold him when he is sad, to feed him when he is hungry, to put him down for naps, to clean his dirty diapers, and to read and play with him. However, it does make a difference.
I can tell by the way that he recognizes us that he knows that we love him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that mothers who are unable to stay home with their children or who chose not to love their children any less than I love Ryker. However, I am saying that it is worth the sacrifice. It is worth the struggles and some of the humbling that is required in order to be here with him.

I love this quote from The Proclamation to the World about our role as mothers

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children."

I love my husband and all that he does for us. I love my dear, sweet little boy and the amazing kid he already is. I love my extended family for helping us and supporting us as we struggle to get on with the real world now that college is over.

I am deeply grateful to everyone that has supported us throughout the years. Thank you for everything and for continuing to be there for us. 

1 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Sorry things are tough for you guys right now. I totally know how it is to be tight on finances, its not fun and definitely can be worry some. Good luck with getting your job going at home and the hubby getting a job. And most importantly enjoy your time at home with Ryker. Its funny how things work out for a reason. I didnt pass my last board so wont be able to get my license for a few months longer than expected but we decided its because I need to take a breather from my busy 2 years of school and enjoy being a mom for a little while.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker