BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Next Few Days...

Okay, first of all, thank you to everyone for all of your suggestions. We have, mostly permanently, decided on naming the baby Haidyn Meri Reed. Her middle name will be pronounced like Marie, but we used the spelling Meri because she is being named after Justin's mom, Merena so we wanted it to look similar. Also, Merena (or marina) means from the sea and Meri means sea. Who knew? :)

There is always the possibility that we will change our minds on the spelling (we were debating between Meri and Merie) but I think it's going to stick. Then again, my name was set in stone to be Carrie Elizabeth and when my dad went down to call everyone after I was born (this was pre-cell phones of course) my mom filled out the birth certificate and put Carrie Noël on my birth certificate. Surprise! Ha ha! I don't plan on doing anything quite that drastic but I still would like to keep my artistic rights to change her name if we see fit.

In case you didn't know or were never informed/in the know, Haidyn's due date is actually April 7th. However, at our last doctor's appointment we discussed setting an inducement date for April 15th if she isn't born by then. My doctor surprised both me and Justin when he told us that he wouldn't wait until I was past due. He said he thinks the baby is big enough that we should go ahead and induce a week early! He actually made it sound like other than the fact he wants to wait until I am 39 weeks, he thinks she is big enough to be born now!

So at my next appointment, this Thursday, I will be scheduling Haidyn's birthday! We are going to try and have me induced on the afternoon of the 31st. If they can't do that then we are going to shoot for the morning of the 1st. I haven't decided which birthday I would rather she have. If she is born on the 1st, while it is April Fools Day, she and Ryker will be 16 months TO THE DAY apart in age. And honestly having the baby's birthday on the first of the month was really nice! Ha ha!

She could still come early, but I'm just planning on it not being until late next week. HOLY COW, I'm going to have 2 kids come late next week! That's just crazy!!!!

Hope things are fantastic in your neck of the woods!

1 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats exciting! Good luck with everything.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker